Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Cheers ta Halloween

Hello, Cheers, Good morning to you,

It's a grey, rainy, fall day and I can already feel Christmas coming. My friend and I are with our babies today, who just woke up and are watching shows all cozy on the couch. We're sitting at the table, post-toast consumption, working on our things and from the corner of my eye, I see seven pumpkins waiting to be decorated and carved... except possibly the pinkish, Cinderella pumpkin- which will probably remain the same until it turns into a carriage for the model. (Just in case you're wondering, the model is the 6 year old beauty who goes to school now but comes home and has coffee- talk with us.) Pretty sure the white pumpkin is off limits too. From the corner of my other eye, I see the three little kitties sitting boldly on the picnic table outside. The kittens are a couple months old now, they were born at the end of summer and we've watched them grow into adorable, alert, and sometimes fierce little felines. It's getting close to Halloween and the kids have their costume picked out. They are going to look adorable. Halloween for these kids isn't really about the scary ghosts and ghouls, or even the candy, it's really about getting to dress like their favorite, and most admired character. The model is going as Ariel- The Little Mermaid. She's her favorite Disney princess at the moment and she will be wearing a long wig and sequined tail. She says really she will only just be a little shorter than Ariel. The now 4 year old Chunk will be Superman... or Spiderman... we aren't really sure, and the little Hootie baby will, of course, be Elsa, "eh-go."

So then there's the question of: What will I be for Halloween? I still don't have a clue. I've always enjoyed dressing up, but I have to say, I struggle with deciding what to be. I started looking at it with the same approach the kids take. Who or what do I most admire? What is my favorite right now? These are important questions. Last year, I threw together a surfer outfit from my closet to go to a family party last minute. I don't want to get stuck having to throw something together this year, but it's already October 21. I've been leaning towards something princess-y or girl-y. Something I have always wanted to wear that I wouldn't be able to pull off in everyday dressing. But what? ...I'll find something.

In the mean time, my friend and I are busy crafting and planning for Christmas presents. This is so exciting- there's so many creative things you can do for presents, and truly, I believe they are the best kind. The fall flies like the wind and then all of the sudden it will be Thanksgiving, and BAM Christmas. All I have to say now is, where is my Gingerbread Latte Starbucks?

That's all for now, I have to go, I have succumbed to a Latte craving.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment