Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Basorexic Heroes

Just as Cassie has written in the last post, it's been a long time. It's been so long since I've blogged on here as well. Some time last month or so I made an attempt to blog on a separate blog, but failed to muster up enough strength...or, actually, will to blog on this one. A personally ridiculous excuse, I know, but again--as Cassie has mentioned: we've been very busy. We've been spending our days living life to the fullest. It feels as though my beloved sister has been living with me for years; almost as if we've grown up together. It's hard to believe she's only been here since June. Personally, I go with the feeling we've grown up together---whether it was in another world or realm, it doesn't matter. It feels true, and that's what's most important.

I have learned so much from my dear, symbiotic twin. I have learned that as much as we laugh and get along blissfully, we also tend to get in little testy situations with one another. Nothing major or unmanageable, of course. Usually any disagreement is solved by laughter at the complexity of the situation, or by simply "putting an end" to the conversation that led us to disagree in the first place. The best part about having such a companion as Cassie? We can talk about anything. I can tell her anything,  state my opinions, vent, burn off steam, or simply cry---and she understands me. Even if I don't make any sense, or if I can't explain myself the way I'd prefer, she gets it. It's like we share the same brain. I've had experiences before where I'd try to express how I'm feeling to others and they take it as Chloe's just in a weird mood. Next thing I know, I'm cut off short and left with an unresolved situation or unsettling feeling within my very self. With Cassie it's different. Nothing is ever awkward or uncomfortable to bring up. Arguments never last more than 5 minutes at max! There isn't a chance that we'd take to be gone from each other for an hour. 10 minutes alone is far too much when we could be together having a picnic somewhere enchanting. 

Rarely do I ever sleep alone, and if I do, it's only when we go down to visit her family in Baltimore. That's when I sleep on the guest bed in her younger sister's room. That's when I gaze out the window in the middle of the night and think of how blessed I am to have such a family. Cassie and I stay together every night. It's usually the odd hours of the night that one could find us laughing hysterically on her bed, looking at ridiculous photos on pinterest. The two of us share very similar tastes in food, (even though I crave salt as often as she craves sugar) humor, and of course...men. Except Ryan Gosling. I don't understand how she likes him. I find him weird. I only think he's attractive in the movie the Notebook, even though I've never actually sat down and watched it. Anyway! The two of us suffer from basorexia. That is the craving of being kissed by a very attractive man. Of course, we haven't met the men we dream about. Chances are they don't exist on this earth. But, even if they don't, we still continue to miss them. Basorexia can be difficult; especially when you are looking up pictures of all your favorite dreamboat actors, and listening to romantic music. We do this to ourselves. We eventually get frustrated with ourselves and settle the situation by eating something or changing the subject. 

Though we can easily go off on tangents about how we can't stand men, and list all of the things that they do that bother us, we are hopeless romantics; and we have high expectations of our ideal Prince Charming. But you know what? We wouldn't want it any other way. Our lives wouldn't be so hilarious and entertaining as they are now. We wouldn't have feelings and things to inspire us. We have grown so close in such a short amount of time that it's literally impossible to even think of what life was like before we became such great friends...in fact, we choose not to look back on the past. It's like trying to open up a wrapper you just stuck chewed gum in. You just don't do that. It's weird.

Being the close-knit sisters that we are, we've established a few little traditions. Whenever we enter our neighborhood development, we always have to have a good song playing. Whenever something epic happens to us, we have to listen to an epic song full blast with the windows down...even if it's super cold out. When I got my license, we blasted David Bowie's Heroes and screamed at the top of our lungs. Recently, we listened to that same song driving through the Lincoln Tunnel leaving New York City. We turned up the volume, rolled down the windows, unbuckled our seatbelts, and stuck our upper bodies out the window and absorbed the dreamy, golden glow of the tunnel lights. We gazed at the skyline of the city and pretended we were in a music video. It was beautiful. It was romantic. It was breathtaking...just like our lives. 

Our friendship is indescribable. It is totally amazing, and people just couldn't understand unless they knew us well enough. I never thought a friendship could be so wonderful, and mean so much. I never thought I'd be so lucky to have a sister I could completely relate to, and to totally be so close to. Cassie is my other half. She is my sister, and I love her dearly.

peace out,

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment