Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving and What's Coming

I love the Holiday season. From Thanksgiving on everything seems more magical. Although, atmospherically speaking, the weather is getting colder and the daylight lesser, the days and nights leading up to Christmas are unmistakingly warm and bright. There are fires going, hot beverages flowing, and sparkly Christmas lights eagerly strung to coincide with the present feelings of happiness and excitement. It is my favorite time of year.

This Thanksgiving (the day that officially initiates these feelings) was the best Thanksgiving to date. Out of all my 23 Thanksgivings, this one was different and special. It was the first real holiday spent with mine and Chloe's large, happy, ever-growing family. My six sisters and brother, Mom and Dad, her sister and brother-in-law, nieces, Mom, and Dad, Uncle Bobby, Kaboo, and Craig and Cordie. I was excited all day. We had our joe and admired our outdoor decorations, watched the Macy's parade and the ever-painfully, hilarious "A Christmas Story", and set up the house leisurely until the late afternoon, when the crowd would arrive.

You would think there would be chaos, or stress with all those people, and yes the police, fire station, and emergency personel did all show, but the joy and comfort of everyone there over-rode any sign or threat of ill-spirit. Chloe and I both believe that our families are meant to be together... all the time. The way we all fit, and the way we belong to each other makes sense. It makes everyone happy to be together. Christmas is the time to be together. To get so extremely full. To be on the verge of bursting, and I am not just referring to food. It is time for everyone to cram together, under blankets, and laugh as we get on each other's nerves. I know this Christmas will be the most special of all my 23 Christmas', just as Thanksgiving was. It's the combination of happy spirits bouncing around each other with glee and hilarity. That's how I can describe all us kids together, and that's how I know Christmas will be pure magic.

Love,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment