Saturday, November 17, 2012

New York, New York

The goal is: Park Avenue. This fall we have ventured into the great city of New York (The Big Apple) twice. Both times have been somewhat spontaneous and unplanned. Our plan was pretty much no plan for our time in the city. We wanted to look at things. The weather was fresh and mild on both occasions, providing maximum comfort and allowing for superior fashion ensembles. As we drive into the city, the cool- factor of the air and the people starts stirring up our own inner confidence and dare I say "swagger." I started building my persona for the day, my big day in the city. I was still on the outside of it in wonder and amazement but throughout my experience I shifted in and out of the energy pulse like I belonged there. These trips were not my first into the city, I had some good exposure under my belt to aid in the feeling of belonging. This last trip, however, solidified the wish of actually living in New York City.

Walking, eating, and looking were the three repeated actions of both trips. Walking through Central Park, up and down Madison, on Lexington, and around museums and stores. Eating in charming french restaurants, and fine italian eateries. Sipping coffees at the Carlyle. Looking at people, nature, buildings, fashion, and art. Taking it all in, enjoying every feeling, and smiling all day with appreciation for what New York City is.

We collectively agree that living in New York City would be so ideal. The possibilities and the access to all kinds of fun, has us committed towards our Park Ave. goal. Leaving the city was another experience. It was sigh- worthy but such a funny combination of happiness and excitement over the day and longing and wishing to stay and/or belong to the city indefinitely. Naturally we requested our soundtrack songs to fit this feeling, and the windows down so we could get the last rush through the tunnel that would pour us out to view the last glimpse of the famous skyline lit up and sparkling. I don't think living in NYC would alter our appreciation and love for it. I think it's part of us, and possibly meant to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment