Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mystery of Gifts

Life is crazy.  It can seem totally out of control. It can be pretty messy. We can get lost in life, and trail off into danger. It's a learning experience. I have been unbelievably blessed in my life (probably more than I know). I've had protection from bad, I've had good and sound guidance and raising, I have felt and shared love with family and friends. Instead of taking it all for granted, getting caught up in self- pity, or doubt, or confusion and ultimately getting STUCK (which I have felt before) I am making a sincere and honest effort to understand and appreciate all the gifts that God has given me. Instead of just believing that I have them, my goal is to use them. To attempt to understand the magnitude, and to honor and take care of these gifts. I think that is the way I can express my gratitude. It may seem like a big task "to understand the magnitude" but I believe that if I focus on the right things, and if I live simply with Love as the center, the meaning will unveil itself.

The mystery behind these gifts is exciting. It allows me to dream pretty big. I start contemplating and my eyes get big and I start thinking "Oh, my gosh." Having strong enough faith to place plans, situations, and daily life, in God's hands balances this "omg" feeling and allows peace of mind to set in. It allows me to let go and nod my head in acceptance and agreement. "Ok." I can freak myself out going "What if this.. what if that?" but when you know it's ultimately in Someone else's hands... it's a good feeling. This does not mean that I do not take responsibility for my choices and actions.. that is my free will.

Chloe and I share this excitement and genuine interest in trying to understand our gifts, and use them in the way they were meant. It is like being a detective, much like Mr. Holmes. There are twists and turns. There are clues and there is evidence. It is honestly a thrill. And the greatness of it is-it is real. I think we do a lot of good detective work together. Spending more time together will be very beneficial for mystery solving. I know the mystery may not be solved 'til the very end but searching, and exploring has ignited something. And the spirit of the search is quite fun. Cheers.

Love,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment