Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Sighhh. Coming off the high of a fabulous weekend of celebration can be jolting, but in my case, it continues. I have been replaying moments of morning coffee talk, all-day tanning and swimming, St. Germain sipping in the evening, and late night hugs, cuddles, and conversations. Frog catching, milkshake- sipping, girl talk, margaritas, cannon balls and baby-holding. I have expressed my feelings before about family, but being with family on a holiday, or a vacation is always special. There is always a feeling in the air of happiness. I feel that people feel more "themselves" on holidays. There is a comfort in being with people you love and enjoying activities and food and conversation. It's how you want life to be all the time.
Chloe and I had a much needed balance of both relaxation and celebration. Chloe had just finished her last senior dance recital performance, and is coming down to her last week of school and I am getting ready to move up with my sister, and coming down to my last week of work. The past couple months has been a true whirlwind- so much to take in, so many lessons, lots of hurdles. It's all prep-work. We realize this (Chloe and I). We've been working through it with a smile on as much as possible, and gaining strength and wisdom. There is a feeling of accomplishment that I think we share, and that is also growing as summer is approaching. There is a shared awareness as we look forward "into the unknown"(The prep has to lead to something).
What I am thinking is- even if we are led to a challenge, even if we have to face harder tests- we have everything we need. We are building it up and fixing the cracks and holes in our fortress, and we are ready to step outside and fight if we have to. My eyes get narrower and my back straighter, as I contemplate. I'm not afraid.
Memorial Day is when we honor those who died fighting in our countries armed forces. I think that spirit of standing for something and fighting for what's right was stirring in us. I believe it has been for a while.
Of course, at the center of it all, is Love. How we started, how we prepare, and how we will end.

LOVE,
Cassie

1 comment:

  1. Nice, Cass! Your writing transports me to that poolside vacation. So wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete