Friday, June 1, 2012

Eight More Days

We are down to the final eight days. "Just eight days!!" is what I keep telling myself as I struggle to get through a few chapters of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. The excitement billowing inside of me is indescribably much to handle. There's still so much to do, and so little time to finish. I still have more than 8 days worth of examinations to complete before school ends officially, and yet I take on the air as if I have all the time in the world. I'm not one in favor of rushing or stressing out over things, but lately I'll admit I've been in need of a good push. That particular push has been in my favor, as it is the realization that my sister, my dear, beloved sister, will be permanently moving in with my family and I. The push comes in when I realize that much celebration for this event will be required, and school examinations cannot be there to stand in the way! This has given me the motivation to plow through my final weeks of education as best and as well as I possibly could.

Much organization is required as well; as you very well may imagine, my excitement has been inspiring me to start "getting ahead of the game" by clearing out any unnecessaries from the guest room to make room for our permanent guest. Boxes have been filled and set aside in the hallway, (all thanks to me, by the way,) which have surprised other members of my family for their sudden apparition. Humorous to imagine, but I don't think I've ever been more excited in all my life. Venturing into Philadelphia to watch the Jonas Brothers perform two nights in a row three years ago doesn't seem to compare! This excitement has me feeling restless; cleaning the house top to bottom, reading Pride and Prejudice with fervor, and exercising like a mad woman are just a few of the things that have managed to keep me from going insane.

I find myself spontaneously and randomly laughing alone, picturing in my mind the most hilarious and indescribable adventures that could take place in the future. I have come to such a state of happiness that I don't quite know what to do with myself. Apparently, this happiness is very evident, for various members of my family have brought it to my attention. Finding out that it makes them happy only adds to it. With all of this joy in my heart, I can only hope it is as strong and apparent to my dear sister, Cassie as well. I only hope that my excitement does not suffocate her when her arrival for permeant stay comes. I laugh at this very thought, and I am aware of how ridiculous it will appear, but I cannot help but to share it with you all. I have this image in my head of the two of us developing such excitement for this move-in to take place, that when it finally does, all we will be able to do is sit and stare with huge smiles on our faces. Just as a pair of highly sugared kids experiencing a sugar-crash, that is how we will be.

Reminding myself that I only have to patiently wait for just eight more days continues to motivate me. With the speed and momentum that I am currently at pace with, one could only predict that I could very well have everything done, finished and prepared in less than a week. Let's hope that happens!

1 comment:

  1. Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahysaheyaheh. Wowowowowowowoowowiwowkso. Yippppppppp. Yayyyy. Haha. Just a little excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete