Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"When all this craziness is through, I'll spend my happiness with you."

Music is really important to me. On workdays, I really don't feel fully alive until I am in my car and I choose what I want to hear to start my day. It sets my tone and my pace for the day. It's a routine and a comfort and a trigger for me. I enjoy most types of music. If you go through my music library, it is actually something to laugh at- jumping from musicals like Les Miserables to Pitbull, and recently, middle eastern belly dancing to french cafe. It takes me all over the world and puts me in all kinds of moods. Music is a necessity in my daily life.

Personally, I depend on a good summer soundtrack. Every year I wait for those few good pop songs with the undeniably catchy beats and simple chorus's ("Call Me Maybe", "You Don't Know You're Beautiful"), for my favorite artists to release their new albums filled with sunny melodies (Erin Hutchinson's -Moving Up Living Down), and maybe even some old classics that I want to hear again or haven't appreciated until now ("Rhythm of My Heart"- Rod Stewart). I am in the process of developing my summer playlist now, and it is very exciting. New music! I like to compile a list that will remind me of this time in my life and take me back to warm and happy memories. Something that always gets my heart beating: summer drives, windows down, with the music loud. It makes me feel young and free and even a little wild when my hair is whipping in my face and I don't care who sees me singing and dancing like a fool. That is such a big part of summer for me.

So I am getting more and more excited, listening to my new summer playlist on repeat to learn every word. One song that is quickly becoming a stand- out is Eric Hutchinson's "Best Days." I am including the second verse and the chorus below:


I fly around the world to spend
My nights with strangers and their lovers
I notice happiness depends
On if we share it with each other
So when this craziness is through
I'll spend my happiness with you

Give and take, we catch our breaks
We all learn to survive
Oh, but don't look now
I said don't look now
Cause here we are,
Living the best days of our lives
These are the best days of our lives


It is such a good sing- a- long summer hit. I hope to find more like it to set my summer pace; my care-free tone. I will be whistling and humming these melodies and taking long drives with windows down- feeling quite free this summer. And I will be spending and sharing this happiness with my fellow summer-loving, song- whistling, loved ones. 



Love,
Cassie



1 comment:

  1. "Heavenly Day" - Patty Griffin (good with the windows down!!!)

    ReplyDelete