Monday, June 4, 2012

Excited is an Understatement- Trying to Live in The Present

Today marks five more days- that's right. Five days until a very grand celebration and five days til I am officially taking residence with my sister. There is also nineteen days until our beach vacation, and .... forty-four days til my birthday! (Yeah, forty-four is kind of a lot). I am having a hard time collecting thoughts to write because I have to sit back and take deep breaths to release at least a few butterflies that are currently circulating and flitting around inside me. I have to remind myself to take things day by day because there is so much goodness in every day that I don't want to miss in anticipation of what is coming.

I can't help but day dream and imagine what life will be like day to day with my sister, Chloe. So many adventures. One of the best things about Chloe is that EVERYTHING is an adventure. I know most people these days going through life, doing every-day things really do just look at things as ordinary- nothing special. They complete tasks with a mundane and thoughtless approach. Makes life so colorless. I guess you can't even call it life. If someone spent just an hour with Chloe, I guarantee they'd say to themselves "So, THIS is living....Cheers."

There is so much value in everyday I spend with Chloe. So much to contemplate at the end of each day, and so much to smile about. There is true magic involved in the way Chloe lives, and yes she does have supernatural gifts, but there is no room for jealousy or self-pity in thinking that you could never live this way. There will be some work involved, but the magic of living this way is out there for everyone. You have to be able to recognize it and treasure it.

The romance of Life is overwhelming. I am pausing for deep breaths now- not just in excitement of what is to come but in amazement of the gifts Life has shared.

I am trying not to day dream too much- again- because I know there is so much in the here and now I have to appreciate. I have been living a lot in the past and wondering a lot about the future lately, I admit. I think that may be why I haven't been able to write much. The present is the gift. That is what I have to remember. That is where Life is. Where my heart is truly beating. In moments. In every-day tasks. In adventures. The times that I feel MOST in the moment- I usually have no control over. It is not that I consciously command myself to be present, it just happens. All my senses are involved, and it is as if nothing else matters or even exists. It is something that grabs me. It is just hard to stay in that grasp- that is where my effort comes in.

It is easy to do this with Chloe. With a best friend. With someone who I genuinely enjoy being around.

Sighh. My breathing has slowed, and become more steady, more consistent. In and out, slowly and smoothly. It is a peaceful, pondering moment.

.... Wait I just thought about five more days... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Love,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment