Monday, June 11, 2012

Comfy Cozy

The jig is up, it is no secret. I like to be comfy, and I like to get cozy. Those close to me would agree on this as well. Throughout my life I have heard people's observations of me- my attire, my personality- I am frequently described as cozy. I enjoy this not only because I like feeling this way, but also because I like to make those around me comfortable. I like to be a piece in the picture that provides warmth and stability. I like when those around me feel secure enough to be themselves.

As with any personality trait, there is a need for balance. This part of my personality can swing into both negative and positive directions. I have learned, and I continue to practice, keeping myself in check. I can become overly comfortable and content in my surroundings. This is something that I try to avoid. I have learned a few lessons in pushing myself, getting out of the box, letting go of fear, and setting big goals for myself. And I am still learning the importance of really challenging myself. Thankfully, I have the right people in my life to keep me on my toes, and to push me forward. 

Spiritually, I believe, it is natural to seek comfort. Jesus does give great peace, security, and joy. He protects you, He doesn't want to see you hurt. But I believe He takes great pride in seeing His creation overcome challenges, and push for something greater, to lead to something new. But He doesn't want you to let go of Him. Through these challenges, you can stay secure in His arms, He won't drop you. 

He said many times in The Bible : "Do not be afraid." I think you can take that as far as possible- the goal being to live without fear. Because the comfy and cozy is there. His love, the security He provides, will never be taken away from you. 

He is like the coziest blanket, or the softest shirt. Or like that feeling you get after eating a large, melty, warm s'more. Or when you are looking up at the stars and your heart gets real steady and anchored down in your chest and you sway a little in the breeze. I think of these moments, these experiences, and I have to connect them to Jesus. He is the only explanation. He is why I love holding babies. 

I will always be this way, it is a big part of me, but I do not feel limited or stuck. I do not lack motivation and I  am building up a lot of strength with Jesus and learning more and more. I aim to make Him proud, and to take full advantage of His warm, cozy, comfy blanket-like side. Cheers ta cozy. 

Love,
Cassie

1 comment:

  1. I knew you wrote this one just from the title! This is a good one! XO

    ReplyDelete