Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Birthday to Remember

Cassie and I have had a good amount of adventures so far; but when you start a blog that is supposed to consist of all of those adventures, you sort of don't know where to begin. I could start from the very beginning, a few years back, when I was visiting her sisters in Baltimore when all of a sudden they had school, [I had already been off for the summer]. It was then I got a real chance to spend time with Cass, which had me a bit nervous since even though we knew each other for so long, we hadn't really hung out. Ever. So this was a big deal for me, and I tried to act as "cool" as possible, since I had always thought she was cool. Just after about 10 minutes or so of wondering how this was going to go, I realized she was a total doll, and extremely fun. She prepared avocado paninis for lunch, took me to Blockbuster, and introduced me to the television series: Pushing Daisies.

I had so much fun with her that I told her we needed to do that again. Funny how after just about say, a years time? we became the best of friends. We see each other incredibly often and I couldn't feel anymore blessed. We have a lot more in common than I had ever expected, and awkwardness never exists between us. We sort of think the same way, so naturally we can talk about anything. Cassie carries herself with a relaxed air, which allows everyone around her to relax. Which is nice. We've had exciting adventures since that pushing daisies date. Cassie was with me the very first time I ever drove on the interstate; this was quite a humorous escapade because as I merged onto the interstate, and successfully passed several tractor trailers, the song Espana Cani began to play [the link will take you to the site, and the sample they give you is the part that played when I made it onto the interstate successfully.] this exciting moment was also accompanied by a loud exclamation from me: "I'M ON EIGHTY ONE!!!" to which Cassie seemed somewhat confused by until she realized that it had been my first time. Other adventures took place at mall located about 20 minutes from my house, in which we ended up running through the parking lot, in the rain, completely disturbed after having an encounter with a strange old man who we felt was out to do us harm [we were eating pretzels on a bench when this 60 some year old man walks up to me, makes a gesture to grab my pretzel, but stops and stares at me without smiling or admitting he was joking; instead, he just walked away.] Those were so far the most exciting moments we've experienced together.


One of my favorite times with Cass was celebrating my birthday with her. She came up for my birthday and made it incredibly special. We woke up early and made a delicious breakfast consisting of juicy over-medium eggs, asparagus, juicy tomatoes, onion, sweet bell peppers, and garlic bread. For lunch we had ice cream; I had blueberry with blueberry pie-filling-syrup topping, and she had cake batter with chocolate fudge. delightful. After that we arrived at this park my mom suggested we visit. It couldn't have been a more perfect day. The sun was shining, the temperature was delightfully warm and pleasant, and a breeze came around at the most perfect moments to cool us down. We spread out a Taylor Swift FEARLESS concert blanket and lied on our backs, looking up into the clouds, taking photographs of our legs, and eavesdropping on an overweight Thor lookalike talk continuously to a woman about his dog. We ended up dozing off into an incredibly wonderful snooze, which caused the both of us to feel a bit lazy afterward. We stopped at a convenient store on our way homeward and purchased some arizona iced tea and snacks. Cassie told me that she really believed that no other country knows how to "snack like Americans do."

I wouldn't doubt it. We Americans are sort of the Snacking Pros of the world. However, there's more to just snacking than just buying random selections. She said "you really have to know how to snack. You need to know what type of snack you want, and you have to pick the right drink to compliment it, or else it can turn out to be a gross combination."

We are pretty skilled in choosing the appropriate snacks and beverages, so our experience was rather lovely. When we returned home, we zoned out to Australian didgeridoo music until it was time for a birthday Mass that my Uncle had planned, [it was incredibly emotional, I dare say]. Once Mass was done we were left with just about 10 minutes to get dressed for dinner reservations at this hoppin' new restaurant in town. Cassie looked unbelievably chic in a black dress, pink ballet flats, peacock feather earrings, a peacock scarf, a little eyeliner, and her hair pulled up into a low side bun, garnished with a little flower. I slipped into a blue dress top, a black and gold skirt, and black Guess pumps.

Dinner was wonderful. Having the opportunity to spend time with family and Cassie being able to be a part of it made it the greatest birthday ever. Her presence made it a birthday to remember for me. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed birthdays in the past, but I'm completely honest when I say that I know for a fact that I have never enjoyed a birthday half as much as I did this time. All thanks to my loving sister who made it so special. Thank you, Casper. (:

Love,
Chloe xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment